7.22.2011

Not so EXTREME couponing

If you haven't seen TLC's 'Extreme Couponing' take some time to check it out. These women are good! Some have 100 boxes cat nip, 6 dozen boxes of tissues, 400 bottles of hot sauce, and the list goes on..it's insane. I think some of these women will end up on 'Hoarders' before long.

I'm not so extreme but it's definitely helped! I've been able to cut 10-20% off our grocery bill every 2 weeks. I started couponing about 7 weeks ago and over time I've saved about $90. I knew I was doing it right when Ethan and I went grocery shopping for Roman's birthday..
We had a budget of $115 and we really couldn't afford to go over. We got all of the food for his birthday and some stuff for the house and headed to the front to check out. As the cashier was ringing us up we were really leery that we went over our budget. The total came up..$130.47. Grrr! I took out my coupons and as the cashier rang them through and the total got lower and lower until..115.97! HALLELUJAH!
Actual photo of my receipt..(like my matte nude nails?!)


My 5 steps to coupon..
1) Get the Sunday paper and clip the coupons out of the Red Plum and Smart Saver. Also, look for CVS, Target, Walgreen's, local grocery stores, etc. for deals that will match up with your coupons for more savings.
2) If you know anyone who gets the Sunday paper and doesn't coupon, ask for theirs.
3) coupondivas.com ..a great site where you can print off more coupons.
4) Price matching. Some stores will price match another stores advertisements, this will help you not have to go to more than one store.
5) In store coupons. As you're grocery shopping look for coupons on products to get immediate savings.

..HAPPY COUPONING!!

No comments: