8.14.2011

SAN DIEGO!! and a break from the norm:)

I cannot even begin to describe how much fun we had in California. Never in a million years did I think  my vacation spot would be San Diego and never ever did I think I would be there with my one year old wild child! The small town beach community was a nice refreshing change from the hot desert. It was chillier than I would have thought but I didn't mind it at all.

It was about a 6 hour drive from Mesa to San Diego. A quite eventful drive to say the least. Aunt Cassie rode with us to help with Roman, and what better way than to put a movie on. We hooked up Shrek 2 to the car speakers and I listened from the front. When that was over and Roman was shrieking we found ourselves singing 'Wheels on the Bus' for about an hour until he finally fell asleep. There were alot of people on that bus!
Oh, and we also drove along the Mexico border for about 20 miles..kinda freaked me out!
 
Our beach house was one block from the beach and one block from the bay so we got the best of both worlds. We spent most days at the bay, the lack of waves and undertow soothed my already overprotective nature. Of course, Roman wasn't scared of the water in the least. He crawled right down to the water and kept going. He's definitely a beach boy! He fit in with his long blonde hair:)

We rode bikes, walked to the coffee shop, kayaked, paddle boarded, shopped and just relaxed (well as much as you can with a little boy). I brought 2 books, it's funny that I thought I was going to be able to read! For some reason that is beyond me, Roman loved eating sand. He would open is mouth up and face plant his head in the sand and come up chewing. Needless to say, it came out the other end.
My mom took us all out to an amazing dinner one night. I think it was Roman and my first time eating Filet Mignon..SO good! It was also the first time Roman ordered ice-cream from the ice-cream truck!





It was a great week, it's just what we needed before starting this next crazy busy year! I'm already looking forward to next year:)

















No comments: