8.01.2011

HAPPY BIRHTDAY BABY BOY!


July 25, 2011- Roman turned 1!!

When we moved to Arizona Roman was 4 months old and in the back of my head I was always thinking about his first birthday. It wasn't happy thoughts, I was so sad that we were moving away from everyone, I thought his birthday was going to be a dud. I know he would only be turning one and wouldn't remember anything but still! I didn't want him to look back on pictures of his first birthday like "thanks mom, I'm sure all 3 people had a great time celebrating my life". I think about these things!
I couldn't have been more wrong! The house was full of people who came to celebrate with us! My best friend Jennie and cousin Dave flew in from Virginia to be here and friends and family that we have here came too. The ones that couldn't be here we were able to skype with or talk on the phone too. The boy still has packages coming in!

The morning of his party Jennie and I immediately started the preparations, and I was determined to make it perfect! We made all the food and cakes at home, so many mom's now a days just resort to buying everything because it's easier, but where's the fun in that?  I was SO proud of my cake, it's all I could talk about!

The party was awesome! We had a hot dog bar complete with every fixing your heart could desire, homemade 'Noni Macioni', homemade Grampy potato salad, and fresh fruit that was cut in little balls (yes, fruit balls!). For drinks we had sweet tea, Ethan's famous punch and lime water and for desert we had homemade funfetti cupcakes! Of course, Roman destroyed his cake in a matter of seconds!






We are beyond blessed to have so many people that love us from here to Virginia! I cannot even began to thank everyone for all the love they have shown us this year. It was the best/hardest/busiest/most changing and challenging year I've ever had and I know I wouldn't be the mother I am without the support my family and friends have shown me.  We made it through our first year and I look forward to many many more with all the people I love!<3

No comments: